Tuesday, March 23, 2010

the bardin sweeties


I recently had the opportunity to photograph and spend the afternoon with Kasey Bardin's children, Blane and Reese. They both were precious. I just wanted to snuggle instead of taking photos. I have known Kasey's family (The Burton's) for a while and they are all smiles. Her children are going to be the same way. They are one of those families that make you happy to be around.

In November of 2007 the Bardin's received the news that Blane had leukaemia. I don't even want to try to image what all this family has went through. I remember praying for them and hearing their family talk about how Kasey and her husband wouldn't leave their little man's side. When I would see Kasey from time to time she would still have a smile. I pray that I would be that strong, but to be honest I'm not sure I would if I were in her position. Now Mr. Handsome is cancer free and hasn't had treatment for almost two years. He is the most perfect little boy and is full of spirit. If my oldest daughter Marlei and him got together I'm afraid we would all be in trouble.

Baby Reese is the little princess of the family. She is adorable and so cuddly. She remind me of my Harper when she was little. I love her little bald head and hair bows (yes, I am one of those mothers who puts giant bows on their bald babies head). Every time Reese would get excited she would stick her tongue out. Little things like that just make my heart melt. I hope you enjoy their photographs, even I will say they don't do them justice.

No comments: