Tuesday, January 19, 2010

my new adventure

I like people who are real. Women who are confident enough to wear a bikini even if they are a few lbs over weight, men who openly admit they cry, people who aren't afraid to be an individual even when society tells them that they should be someone else. I like seeing the world through other peoples lenses and for this reason I love photography. I have recently been photographing wonderful people that make me happy to be around. Parents that adore their children. Husbands that still blush when they look at their wives. When I give clients their photographs they see the moments I've captured, but they don't realize how they have touched my life. For this reason I have started this blog.

3 comments:

LauraADavidson said...

I can't wait to read more, Davene! You are so talented...as an artist, a photographer, a jewelry maker, and too many other things to mention. I am proud to know you and excited to watch your journey.

Laura Davidson

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. You are a gift from God to us.
Mom

Anonymous said...

I am determined to express my feeling for you Davene since this is the 5th time i've typed all this in and destroyed it 4 times. I look at my 4 defeats as the devil trying to steal, kill and destroy so i refuse to allow him to win....I've known you for many yrs Davene and i have witnessed your transformation from a young child to a wonderful God loving woman. You have inspired many youth to view life through a different lens. The evidence of God in your life has multiplied your influence. You use your many gifts and talents to glorify Him and bless others rather than keep them for yourself. You are the pride and joy of your wonderful parents who have prayed for you and Jeric since before you were born. Imagine that! Your entire life has been bathed in prayer. I remember you as a little girl who couldnt stand still in the childrens choir at Liberty Baptist, to the potter and jewelry maker, i cherish my pottery and jewelry that you made with your hands. Then helping with your wedding, what a beautiful Bride! Then the birth of your beautiful and sweet little girls. You have been blessed and you are a blessing to many. You are so thoughtful and sensitive to the feelings and concerns of others and i have been blessed by you many times. You make me laugh, cry , pick me up when i'm down encourage me in times of grief and love me when i need to be loved. You always take the time to make me feel special and once again you have blessed my heart with pictures of the love of my life Addison. They are beautiful and i will always cherish them and you. I pray that God blesses everything you do Davene because you are so deserving. I Love you! Karen Hopper